Stay Up To Date

 How do I contact the Kewaskum Police Department?

The normal office hours of the Kewaskum Police Department are 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.  If you need to see an officer or need information any other time call the Washington Country Sheriff's Department at (262)335-4378 and an officer will meet you at the station or at your location. 

 How do I get a copy of a police report?

Copies of reports can be obtained from the Kewaskum Police Department by completing a written request form if an incident report is requested.  It normally takes one to two working days to process the request.  Accident reports are normally available two working days after the  occurrence.  There is a processing fee charged for all reports.  The reports are normally available between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.

There is an open records request form that must be filled out prior to obtaining copies of any report.  Go to "Open Records Request" tab on this website to complete the form.

 I was issued a citation by the Kewaskum Police Department, now what do I do?

First, you will need to decide how you wish to plea.  Your options are guilty, not guilty and no contest. 

If you wish to plead guilty or no contest:

1. Simply fill in the bottom part of the pamphlet you received at the time of the issuance and mail it, along with your bond, to the Mid-Moraine Municipal Court, or

2. You may also go to the Mid-Moraine Municipal Court office, 962 W Paradise Drive, West Bend, Wisconsin, to make payment in person. 

3. Bonds are not accepted at the Kewaskum Police Department. 


If you wish to plead not guilty, you have two options:

1. Fill in the bottom part of the pamphlet and mail it to the Mid-Moraine Municipal Court stating your intent to plea not guilty, or

2. You may also appear in court on the court date and enter your plea at that time.

 What are the winter parking restrictions?

According to Village Ordinance 90-96(c) - "...No person except physicians or licensed emergency vehicles on emergency calls shall park or stop any vehicle on any public street or highway within the village between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. from December 1 to April 1 of each year


Parking permits are available for various municipal lots in the Village and are available at the Kewaskum Village Hall. 

 Why am I asked so many questions when I call in a complaint?

It is the responsibility of the person taking the original call to get as much information as possible so as to determine the response that is needed and to give to the responding officer as much information as possible before he/she reaches the scene.

 Is there a curfew in the Village of Kewaskum?

Yes, curfew is covered by municipal ordinance 62-76(a) -- "No person under 16 years of age shall be or remain upon any street or alley or other public place in the Village between 11:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m. on other days of the week, unless such person is accompanied by a parent or guardian or an adult person having custody of such person or unless such person is required by his employment to be in or about the places mentioned in this subsection within the hours above stated, as shown by written evidence from his employer then in such person's possession or such person is then proceeding to or from his home or place of employment.  Upon request the chief of police may grant permission to such person to be on the streets, alleys or other public places in the Village during prohibited hours."  


Please also note that Municipal Ordinance 62-76(c) states -- "Permitting minors to violate curfew. No person having care and custody of any person as described above shall allow or permit such person to go or be upon any public street, alley or other public place in the village in violation of this section."


 I bought fireworks and a permit, can I shoot my fireworks in the Village of Kewaskum?

No, the permit you purchased allows you to use fireworks only in the area specified on the permit. 

According by Municipal Ordinance 62-4, it is illegal for anyone to sell, possess, or use any fireworks in the Village of Kewaskum. 

 Do I need a bicycle license to ride my bike in Kewaskum?

Village ordinances require that all bicycles operated in the Village of Kewaskum are required to display a valid registration.  Ordinances also state that any bicycle that is not licensed my be confiscated and held until licensed.  The license not only helps us to identify bicycle law violators but also aids in the recovery of a lost or stolen bicycle. 

Bicycle licenses can be obtained at the Kewaskum Police Department. The cost of the license is $5.00 and is good for the life of the bike.

 Can I practice with my bow and arrow in the Village?

No, this is covered under ordinance 62-2 -- Use of firearms or throwing or shooting of arrows, stones and other missiles prohibited